Friday, June 28, 2013

Open Intoxicants - MCL 257.624a - Josh Jones - Michigan Criminal Lawyer - ALL FELONIES AND MISDEMEANORS


Open Intoxicants – Open Alcohol In A Motor Vehicle

Did you know that if you are in a vehicle that is upon a highway or otherwise open to the general public or generally accessible to motor vehicles you are not allowed to have an open container of alcohol? This applies to an individual driving or simply a passenger of the vehicle. See MCL § 257.624a.

The rule states that individuals are “not allowed to not transport or possess alcoholic liquor in a container that is open or uncapped or upon which the seal is broken within the passenger area of a vehicle.” MCL § 257.624a(1). The passenger area of a vehicle has been defined as: “the area designed to seat the operator and passengers of a motor vehicle while it is in operation and any area that is readily accessible to the operator or a passenger while in his or her seating position, including the glove compartment.” MCL § 257.624a(5)(d).

If an individual is convicted of this crime for a first time he or she will receive two (2) points on his or her drivers license. Also, a misdemeanor will be placed on the individual’s record. Moreover, if an individual is convicted of the crime two (2) times within 7-years then he or she will receive a 30-day suspension followed by 60-days of having a restricted license. An individual convicted three (3) will receive a 60-day suspension with a 305-day restricted.

It is imperative to know what happens to your license when you plead guilty to or are convicted of an alcohol or drug crime. An individual may also have to perform community service and undergo substance abuse counseling at the direction of the court.

What’s more important is knowing that your past criminal history, if involving alcohol or drugs, will only bring about more licensing issues and stiffer requirements while on probation. Other crimes can too have an impact on when you can drive again.

Contact a criminal defense attorney immediately if you are involved in any kind of criminal action. Who has you back? Josh Jones.

DO NOT RELY ON THESE LEGAL OPINIONS AND OBSERVATIONS WHEN REPRESENTING YOURSELF IN COURT. THESE ARTICLES ARE NOT MEANT TO COMPENSATE OR EFFECUATE LEGAL REPRESENTATION. YOU SHOULD AND MUST CONTACT AN ATTORNEY AND DISCUSS WITH HIM OR HER THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY AND ALL IDEAS, STATEMENTS, OPINIONS, EXPRESSIONS OR OTHERWISE STATED ON THIS SITE. HOPE TO SPEAK WITH YOU SOON.

7 comments:

  1. Hmm it seems like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to everything. Do you have any tips for rookie blog writers? I’d certainly appreciate it. GPW Law

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article is very detailed. I was looking at the unique tips you shown here. But could you really clarify something mainly because I was a bit mixed up? I didn’t quite find the exact ways to really put everything to use. Maybe I’m just overcomplicating it in my mind? Maybe the whole thing remains new to me. I do not really know. Perhaps I might have to look forward to subsequent posts you would be writing on this same subject matter. EliaAndPonto.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commentators here! https://asbestoscancer.org/stage-four-mesothelioma/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very interesting content! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your points and have come to the conclusion that you are right about many of them. You are great. Website

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot for sharing us about this update. Hope you will not get tired on making posts as informative as this. lemon law attorney los angeles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks for the great information you havr provided! You have touched on crucuial points! los angeles car accident lawyer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. los angeles lemon law attorney

    ReplyDelete